Thursday 1 January 2015

Before the off!

Here we go again!!  We've been lucky enough to be asked by ERA to be a part of the team going out to Singapore to sweep for the guys and girls taking part in the Road to Mandalay rally starting on the 1st of February this year!  Excitement is mounting in the Turner camp as Owen and I prepare ourselves for another long distance drive across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Burma, sorry Myanmar as Emma keeps reminding me hopefully finishing in Rangoon, sorry Yangon by the end of the month having tried our best to fix the old snotters we come across at the side of the roads!
Owen and I were so pleased to be asked by Phillip and his team at ERA again after doing our best on the Peking to Paris rally in 2013 and over the past few months have been getting ourselves ready for another adventure, this time there won't be the aged Land Rover as the service truck but ERA have loaned us one of their new Toyotas for the task, the Hilux has all been kitted out to our spec so we should have lots more tools and bits for the jobs in hand!  Even got more space for more clothes so we shouldn't be as grubby at dinner as we were on the Peking to Paris rally!
So here it is almost finished, now it's somewhere between England and Singapore waiting for us to set about doing what we love doing!
Now, on the last blog I did I had a special section for Dick Hall documenting his antics through Europe but it doesn't seem fair to pick on him again for this one so I've compiled a shortlist of some of the organisation members to fill this gap!
Jim Smith, the stereotypical Englishman whom I've known for many many years, he is my favourite!
George Clark, my illustrious rallying partner with whom we've had great success over the past few years, possibly know a little bit too much about her!  (Big white telephone!)
Skippy, possibly my favourite person at the moment, not sure the antics will flow from him as his diet is purely coca cola and fried chicken so it'll be a bit difficult to describe (lie) his drunken misdemeanours!
So who's it going to be?  I'll await feedback and make my desicion by the time the first post goes out on the 28th, may I wish all the competitors and organisation the absolute best of luck and cheers for dragging us along.
Owen and Jamie
We look forward to seeing you out there, Jamie and Owen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi boys very envious of you and sorry we cannot be on this trip ,maybe when we win the lottery. Please say hi to skippy for us a goon man to have by your side .work hard and play harder and try to be nice to the novices .best wishes Nicky and Nadja ( proper car ,model T )

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best - I look forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete