Thursday 29 January 2015

Day 1, G&Ts again!

An early morning awakening was inevitable, the excitement has been mounting for weeks, the bags have been packed for six days with clothing purchased, a massive amount of insect repellant, rabies jabs done and malaria tablets found!  Ed was duly collected from his house whereupon I found a flapping Rutherford who admitted to being grumpy for the past few days, this explains why Amanda wasn't there to see him off!  The taxi was booked from TMS at 3.30 pm ready to transport myself, Owen, Jim and Ed to the coffee shop at terminal 5, Martins daughter was ready to dish out phones, folders and other mysterious packages, so total lies all round when the baggage staff asked "did you pack your own bags sir?" And "have you left your bag unattended at all sir?"  The correct answers should have been; "I'm carrying the bag for someone else!" And I "yes it's been unattended but not by me but someone else!"  After the hold luggage had been dropped off with some dubious contents namely a 'nut GUN,' and a gun shaped drill (expecting a private security meeting in Singapore!) we headed off for BAs club world lounge for some food and drink.  One packet of sweet chilli crisps, 2 beers, one whiskey and a cheeky couple of sauvignons we were ready for embarkation, a rush down to the transit train thingy and apart from a little mischievous antics from Jim Smitt we arrived at the 747 for the allocated seats and mass of alcohol waiting for us, oh along with the chicken stir fry and salmon  for dinner!
Once we've taken off and a mild bit of turbulence its not long until the alcohol is served, I'm currently on my 5th glass of champagne after the 2 obligatory glasses of G&TS!  Immediately the seatbelt lights went off I needed a slash but Jim had had an accident with his du bonnet and left a wet patch on the floor of which I did my best effort to mop up with my socks, so on with the complimentary flight socks for dry feet, no sooner where these on did we experience another turbulent episode where my 2nd G&T landed on my freshly adoned socks, I'm now on my 3rd pair of socks with Owen kindly lending me his flight socks, I've now just taken a break from writing this blog to have my post dinner pee and with all the excitement I'd forgotten about Jims earlier accident, so I'm contemplating asking the lady next to me for her socks, I think I could swing this!
After a couple of failed attempts at sleeping I've watched a brace of terrible movies, broken the base of my bed and lost a game of cards to the office girly!  We should be landing in about half an hour and then the big sweat begins!
And we've arrived!  But!!
Right that's it, going home!

Nikki Bannister was feeling a bit lonely on the flight due to Kim not being with her on this jaunt, imagine her total amazement when Kim was there to meet her at the airport,  such a lovely man!
Not sure who's doing the BeeGee impression in the background, good work whoever you are?
More to come
Jamie and Owen


1 comment: