Monday 16 February 2015

16th February 2015 crap receptionist!

Firstly I've titled this 'crap receptionist' I have done this for no other reason than the photo below, the staff in this hotel are excellent but,

Yes her name is 'Poo!'  Brilliant!!

A hangover is now present as we work in extreme temperatures in the basement car park, it's gone mental, there's brake problems, suspension issues, there's welder needed, wheels to be changed, starter motors need fitting, it's not easy as we should be only working until 12 but it's half one and still work is piling up!  I eventually finished having replaced the leaf spring at the back of a model A and one of the competitors has bought us down a chocolate cake which makes a very welcome change to the beer they usually pay us with, a quick spot of lunch in a little cafe down the road, I had steak and chips but some others had more local dishes, a really nice relaxed lunch had here, and no prostitutes!  A little lay down after food was very welcome giving us more energy for the team dinner this evening, I'm not drinking tonight and in many ways looking forward to leaving this big city and finding a more rural hotel tomorrow night, some of the competitors that have been missing for a few days are now back in the rally so the spare rooms will become less available, Martins elder offspring will have to again share with Nikki I guess but I've given Nikki some earplugs to block out the snoring coming from 'chainsaw Clark'.  Not a lot to report from today just the mosquitoes are getting more bitey and my legs are taking a hammering, I'm going to start eating raw garlic I think as nothing else seems to be putting the little bastards off, could it be the Paco Rabanne I have?
Really looking forward to getting towards Burma now, we are in proper northern Thailand now and I've heard there's some revolutionists in the area that don't like the colour red, good job I'm not driving a big, bright red truck!?!
It's now getting to the point that people are missing their loved ones now, Nikki is missing Kim, I'm definitely missing Emma and the boys now but am enjoying this journey immensely, Thailand is an interesting place with some delightful people, definitely would come back here but not sure how the tourist side of this country would measure up to this adventure, the beaches are awesome, as is the countryside, get rid of the mozzies and prozzies and it would be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment