Thursday 19 February 2015

18th February 2015 tiger drugs

We are now approaching the border with Myanmar today, the day's destination being only 8 kms from the border crossing, we came within a few yards of Burma when we ran alongside a river with burma on the other side, from what I've seen it looks beautiful with mountains covered in greenery.
That's Burma on the right, bit unclear but believe me it is there, as we leave Thailand and although there is lovely people and a strange but kind culture here I can't help feeling bad regarding the sleepy side to this country, although apart from the one incident it hasn't been rammed down our throats as we've passed through, I would like to come back here maybe for a beach holiday but I'm very much looking forward to seeing the country why we are doing this event.
We had a lunch halt at a tiger place where there were real tigers on show, I didn't take any photos and didn't go see them as they had been drugged to make them non dangerous for the public stroking them, quite a sad place to be fair but the fish were awesome!
The organisers or at least some of them have obviously been stressed about the border crossing and other items so once we are in Burma they might return to normal.  We have experienced fantastic food here in Thailand and Thai green curry from loyd Grossman needs more now I've had some authentic curry but I'm sure I'll still like it, I had spaghetti bolognase the other day and that was a nice change, I only hope the food over the next few days will be as lovely as what we have been accustomed to.
More and more cars seemed to be breaking down now and as we aren't crossing the border until the day after tomorrow it will be a non driving day tomorrow and there's a lot of broken cars out there!

No blog is complete without the obligatory cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment